Rick is an experienced, strategic General Manager, having progressed through 15 positions of increasing responsibility in eight distinct businesses at Procter & Gamble. Prior to 1993, he established a strong track record in Sales Management on P&G’s largest business, Fabric & Home Care. Since 1993, he became Vice President/General Manager, most recently leading Global Duracell and P&G’s Health Care businesses in over 60 countries.
As a creative marketer, he launched three of P&G’s +$Billion brands. As a transformational leader, he led the integration of three P&G acquisitions and joint ventures. An engaged organizational leader, he led P&G’s transition from “Sales” to “Customer Business Development” and numerous business reorganizations. As a consistent diversity champion, he was selected as finalist for the John Pepper Diversity Award, P&G’s top honor for diversity leadership.
After departing P&G in 2010, Rick is now a Sr. Consultant with the Cincinnati Consulting Consortium, and an Adjunct Professor at the University of Dayton, School of Business.
- Corporate Strategy Development and Implementation
- Organization Design, Effectiveness and Culture
- Executive Leadership Solutions
- New Business Acquisition & Development
The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium
|2011-Present||Sr. Consultant – Strategic Leadership and Organization Development|
Procter & Gamble
|2007-2010||Vice President / General Manager & Global Brand Leader, Duracell|
|2005-2007||Vice President / General Manager, Global Personal Health Care|
|2002-2005||Vice President / General Manager, North America Pharmaceuticals|
|1999 -2002||VP/General Manager, Global Customer Business Development, Pharmaceuticals|
|1995-1999||Director, Customer Business Development, North America Pharmaceuticals|
|1993-1995||U.S. Customer Marketing Manager, Health Care|
|1979-1993||Progressed through eight levels of Sales Management, United States|
- Adjunct Professor University of Dayton, School of Business – Adjunct Professor
- Vice President, Parent’s Association – Cincinnati Country Day School
- Advisory Board – Cincinnati Brain Tumor Center & Neuroscience Institute
- Advisory Board – Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) – Chairman-Elect (2007); Finance Chair (2006); Board of Directors/Exec Committee (2005)
- National Pharmaceutical Council, Inc. – Advisory Board
- Healthcare Distribution Management Association (HDMA) – Board of Directors
- United Way – Campaign Director, Government Division
- Alumni Class Agent, Colgate University
Phillips Exeter Academy
Colgate University A.B.
Suffolk University Law School, J.D.