34 year career with P&G as one of the most effective P&G R&D leaders. Mike had Senior R&D roles in Global R&D, Food/Beverage, Fabric/Home Care (Swiffer/Febreeze), Disposable Diapers, Feminine Hygiene, Adult Incontinence and Tissue. Mike has a strong background in New Business development as well as in acquisitions and divestitures. During Mike’s last two years as VP Global R&D, he had responsibility for P&G’s New Product Group, global process re-organization (1.200 engineers/scientists at 18 research centers) and managed P&G’s “Connect and Develop” (Open Innovation) process to dramatically improve innovation success rates.
- Innovation Leadership Consulting with Fortune 50 companies as well as numerous small to mid-range companies.
- Open Innovation – new product expertise has been most recent areas of interest.
- Assessing Innovation Ideas and Startups – consulted with University of Wisconsin College of Engineering
|Present||Open Innovation & Start-Up Leader, The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium|
|2008||Vice President Global R&D, Procter & Gamble|
|2006||Vice President New Business/Global Process Development, Procter & Gamble|
|2000||Vice President R&D for Food and Beverage, Procter & Gamble|
|1996||Director/R&D Manger of R&D for Fabric and Home Care, Procter & Gamble|
|1991||Director of R&D for Olestra/Food and Beverage, Procter & Gamble|
|1973-1989||Various roles in Baby Care, Tissue, Feminine Hygiene, Adult Incontinence, Procter & Gamble|
- Yahara Lakes Association Board
- Diversity Board, University of Wisconsin College of Engineering
- Visiting Committee, Curriculum Development Chemical & Biological Engineering Dept.
- Wyoming School Foundation, Past President
BS – Chemical Engineering; University of Wisconsin