Dean brings over 30 years of International and Domestic top executive experience to his clients. After a 14-year career as a P&G advertising executive, Dean founded Lens Crafters in 1982 and served as CEO for the world’s largest optical retailer for the next five years. In 1988, he founded Vision Express and introduced optical superstore retailing into Europe, Asia, South America and Australia. The major businesses were sold in 1997, but Dean retained the Vision Express businesses in the Philippines, Singapore, and Guam. Dean is also Chairman of a 121 store U.S. based optical chain, Sight Resource, and is also on the Board of Directors for 1-800-Contacts, Inc.
- Expert Advice on Successfully Managing and Expanding Retail Businesses in the U.S. and in International markets.
- International Business Consulting, specializing in advising U.S. based businesses on key factors for success in overseas expansions.
- Corporate Strategic Analysis, evaluating the positioning of a company’s products/services, competitive analysis and marketing strategy.
- Evaluation of Advertising, emphasizing TV ads and advertising in International markets.
|2008-2012||Vice President, Global Beauty, Grooming & Personal Care CMK, Procter & Gamble|
|2005-2007||Vice President, North America CMK, Procter & Gamble|
|2002-2004||Director, Global Health & Pet Care, CMK|
|1999-2001||Director, Global Oral Care CMK & Marketing, Procter & Gamble|
|1985-1998||Supervisor to Associate Director – Food & Beverage Products; Soap, Household Cleaner & Laundry Products; Baby Products (CMK and Marketing), Procter & Gamble|
- Member, Historic Grand Prix Car Association (he races historic cars around the world)
- Member, Spectacle Makers’ Company in London
MBA, Michigan State University
MS, Chemistry, Michigan State University
BS, Chemistry and Math, Bob Jones University