James is a passionate global brand builder and marketing strategist with exceptional cross-cultural awareness, insight and listening skills honed across 7 categories, 80+ countries and 12 trade channels. Prior to joining CCC, he spent 26 years at Procter & Gamble and General Electric including 10 years living and working outside of the U.S. building successful startup, turnaround and growth brands in times of crisis and strength. While at P&G, he was regularly selected by senior management to take on the toughest strategic, marketing and organizational challenges. James believes in growing brands through a focus on purpose and ideals.
- Brand Building – Positioning brands for leadership and growth through all aspects of marketing strategy and execution including: purpose, segmentation, audience, portfolio, equity, integration, design, identity, innovation, co-creation, user collaboration, architecture, point of entry, campaign, and public relations.
- Change Management – Anticipating reasons why major change efforts fail. Developing successful change strategies and plans. Leveraging organizational performance modeling to measure progress and diagnose issues.
- Complex Problem Solving – Supporting and coaching high performance teams that solve problem brands, markets and initiatives.
Procter & Gamble
|2010||VP of Marketing, Global Brand Franchise Leader, $3 Billion Always/Whisper Brand|
|2007||GM – Professional Hair Care, Wella AG Acquisition (Geneva, Switzerland)|
|2005||Marketing Director, Tampax, Global and North America|
|2002||Marketing Director, Food & Beverage New Business Development|
|1999||Associate Marketing Director, Middle East & Africa Hair Care (Egham, UK)|
|1997||Marketing Manager, Arabian Peninsula Hair Care (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)|
|1986||Senior Financial Analyst, GE Venture Capital|
|1984||Financial Management Program Trainee, GE Capital|
- Clinton Global Initiative
- United Way Tocqueville Society
- Crossroads Community Church
- Phi Gamma Delta
Master of Business Administration, University of Virginia
Bachelor of Science in Commerce, University of Virginia