Walter is a truly global CEO/General Manager whose executive skills have been honed through a successful 25-year career at Procter & Gamble where he held four different VP/GM roles across Asia, Europe, and North America. In each of those roles over the last 11 years Walter had P&L responsibility, including P&G’s $2.5 billion North American Hair Care business and as the CEO of Fekkai’s global business. His track record of accelerating growth and leading turn-arounds all over the world are a result of the following three areas of expertise and passion:
- Senior Global Executive: Proven track record over 11+ years of growing large $3 billion P&L across North America, Asia and Europe. End-to-end operating experiences in strategy, product innovation, supply chain, marketing and go-to-market. Extensive retail customer experience across the globe.
- Global Brand-Builder and Innovator: Proven track record in commercializing product and commercial innovation from lab to shelf. Focuses on common ground for global innovation. Champion’s transformation to digital marketing.
- Inspirational Leader: Establishes clear vision and building blocks for growth throughout large organizations. Creates and energizes winning teams. Known for identifying and developing local talent across functions and levels.
- CEO/General Management: 11+ years of P/L experience; Go-to-Market Strategy; Growth Acceleration; Turn-Arounds; Strategy that makes it to the bottom-line.
- Global Executive Expertise in North America, Asia (developed and developing), Europe: How to win locally while acting globally; How to move an idea or product around the world.
- Brand Building and Innovation: Bringing new products and new ideas from the lab to the market quickly and profitably.
- Builder of Winning Teams: Winning through inspiration, the identification and development of talent, and the ability to generate both quick and long-term wins by connecting strategy and execution.
|2014-2015||Vice President, Procter & Gamble, Global Hair Care/Color Strategic Planning & CEO, Fekkai, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio|
|2011-2014||Vice President & General Manager, Procter & Gamble, North America Hair Care & Color and Global Fekkai Franchise Leader, Cincinnati, Ohio|
|2009-2011||Vice President & General Manager, Procter & Gamble, Asia Pacific Hair Care & Color, Global Vidal Sassoon Franchise Leader, Singapore|
|2004-2009||Vice President & General Manager, Procter & Gamble, Northeast Asia Hair Care & Color, Global Vidal Sassoon Franchise Leader, Kobe, Japan|
|2002-2004||Marketing Director, Procter & Gamble, Global Head & Shoulders, Geneva, CH|
|1999-2002||Marketing Director, Procter & Gamble, Global Baby Care, Frankfurt, Germany|
|1990-1999||Various Marketing Positions, Procter and Gamble, Austria, Indonesia|
|1989-1990||International Marketing, Graphica Computer Corporation, Tokyo, Japan|
Master’s Degree, Social and Economic Sciences, Business Administration,
University of Business Administration, Vienna, Austria
Specialized in International Marketing and Computer Science, Finished among top 10%