Tariq is an experienced IT Executive who identifies and drives major technology and business process change through innovative formulation and disciplined execution of Information Technology and Business Operating Models. Now running his own Technology Start-Up as well as a Management Consulting practice, Tariq has achieved major business contribution in multiple senior Information Technology and Business Services roles at Procter & Gamble: regional CIO, global business unit CIO, global business services Director, global Enterprise Architecture Director.
Tariq has deep business Understanding across multiple Industry Sectors and on-the-ground Experience in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, and Asia as well as in the United States. His ability to identify and drive business AND IT transformation is a result of his 15+ years of being accountable for business results to a Business VP/GM+ or Company Officer at Procter & Gamble. He has extensive experience in Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture and Work Process Change and proven leadership for Business Services marketing, planning and execution, and large scale ERP and TFM / Sales systems program management.
Major Achievements – Procter & Gamble
- Led the Strategic IT Cost Optimization planning for P&G GBS that results in >30% Operating Cost Reduction over 5 years while meeting Business requests and not spending incremental $$.
- Defined and implemented IT strategic plan for 7 Billion $+ Global Business Unit. Value realized was 160M$+ Sales Increase and 32M$ Manufacturing Cost Reduction in one year.
- Modernized a global Reporting System and Reduced Operating Costs 50% by combining strategic change in Enterprise Architecture, Operational Service and Commercial models.
- Led the implementation of a global Trade Funds Management System (program cost > 120 Million$) while also defining and delivering associated Business Services for the Global sales organization.
- Set up and implemented Manufacturing ERP services to 20+ Greenfield manufacturing plants globally while cutting individual project costs (2Million$+) by 30%.
- Recruited and developed IT organizations in Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America.
- Led a 500 Million$+ country cluster from MRPII Class D to Class B in 18 months.
|Current||Information Technology & Business Services Executive, The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium|
|Current||MilesNil LLC, Co-Founder and CFO / CTO|
|Current||Deetar Consulting LLC, President and Managing Partner|
|2011-2014||P&G Director, Enterprise Architecture, Global Business Services (GBS)|
|2009-2011||P&G Director, Customer Solutions, GBS|
|2006-2009||P&G Director, Supply Network Solutions, GBS|
|2004-2006||P&G GBS and IT Leader, Baby & Toddler Care Global Business Unit (GBU)|
|2001-2004||P&G Associate Director, Information Technology, Baby Care and Feminine Care GBUs|
|1997-2001||P&G Associate Director, Information Technology, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa|
|1990-1997||P&G Arabian Peninsula: Management Systems Manager Arabian Peninsula|
|1981–1990||Jeraisy Computer and Communications Services – Senior Systems Engineer|
- Participant in CIO forums – for example, Tariq was the guest speaker at the MIT Sloan School CISR program in 2011 regarding Digitization as a Business Strategy.
- AB (Computer Science and Policy Studies) from Dartmouth College
- Entrepreneurship Course at the Tuck School Dartmouth College
- Completed P&G Management College and IT College courses to Director level. Also completed the P&G Plant Manager / Supply Chain Manager development course
- SAP Financials Boot Camp