Mike is a decisive, results-oriented, dynamic sales and marketing leader with an outstanding track record of driving top and bottom line results across a broad set of challenging assignments throughout his career with Procter and Gamble. He has worked across more than forty consumer package goods (CPG) categories, and with most of North America’s major retailers. He successfully led one of the world’s largest CPG sales forces (+S30Bn sales, 5K people). He has international experience leading customer and shopper marketing strategies for P&G’s Health and Well Being business ($18Bn). He built one of P&G’s most successful strategic partnerships with Target, Inc. and made them P&G’s second largest customer worldwide.
His experience leading the Nielsen Demand Chain initiative enable him to combine his CPG knowledge, skills and experience with Nielsen’s big data, predictive analytics and econometric modeling to help companies improve the efficiency and effectiveness on their demand side activity systems.
He is a leader known for possessing the unique ability to both develop big, game changing vision and strategies, while also ensure the right executional elements are in place to make the vision a reality. He has a track record of delivering breakthrough results through innovative and creative problem solving brought to life in practical ways. He was a pioneer in using deep shopper understanding as the foundation for strategic joint business planning with retailers. He has extensive experience in designing winning organizations with the right structure, staffing, capabilities, key work processes and the change management systems needed to execute with excellence.
His strong collaboration skills, appreciation for different cultures, and his ability to work with diverse individuals were gleaned from his life’s experience of growing up on four continents and working across all six. He is married with a terrific family, enjoys golf, the outdoors, exercising, and reading non-fiction business material.
Developing transformational business strategies and supporting action plans:
- Building manufacturer Customer Relationship Management strategies to include developing winning Customer Business Development teams with multifunctional selling capability
- Building retailer Vendor Management strategies to include vendor segmentation and strategic classification
- Implementing win-win manufacture-retailer joint strategy development and business planning models that lead to transformational business results
- Developing global Go-To-Market strategies and business plans to include shopper-based marketing plans, pricing and promotion plans, and channel management strategies that deliver breakthrough results
Building win-win shopper-based marketing plans:
- Leveraging deep shopper understanding and opportunity analysis (including shopper and retailer segmentation) to develop winning business plans that profitably grow market share
- Co-developing innovative shopper marketing plans that drive share of wallet for both retailer and manufacture
Developing winning shopper-based innovation processes:
- Developing shopper innovation master planning processes built on deep shopper insight and cutting edge industry foresight
- Building shopper knowledge overtime that creates sustainable competitive advantage
- Using Total Store and Department Management strategies to build equity and win with shoppers
Designing organization to win in the future:
- Developing effective change management initiatives and leveraging the Organizational Performance Model to transform business results
- Increasing current organizational productivity and improving performance
- Talent management and capabilities development systems
|2014-Pres||Senior Consultant, Shopper Marketing, Organizational Development, The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium|
|2013-2014||President, The Demand Chain, Nielsen|
|2009-2012||Vice President, Customer Business Development (Chief Customer Officer) North America, Procter & Gamble|
|2008-2009||Vice President, Sales Global Health and Well Being, Procter & Gamble|
|2000-2008||Vice President, P&G Target Team, Procter & Gamble|
|1997-2000||Director, New Channel Development, Procter & Gamble|
|1979-1997||Various Management Assignments, P&G|
- Advisory Board – Applaud LLC
- Foundation Board, Health Point Family Services
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, BA Economic