Kelly is an Operations / Supply Chain executive with experience in corporate and consulting assignments. He started his career with Procter and Gamble where he progressed through several manufacturing and logistics positions supporting US, Regional and Global categories varying from Home Care, Beauty Care, Health Care and Pet Care. His diverse responsibilities have included manufacturing operations assignments, new product launches for major US brands throughout Europe and Asia, category demand and supply planning leadership, and designing benchmark Order to Cash processes in North America.
After P&G Kelly led a supply chain consulting team of several practitioners focusing on supply chain strategy development, network optimization, organizational design, manufacturing efficiency improvements, and logistics excellence. His engagements involved over 40 clients in the US, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and Asia with a particular focus on Food/Grocery manufacturers and retailers.
Most recently Kelly has completed an assignment with ACH / ABF Foods where he led the Logistics and Customer Service organization for a $850M firm based in Chicago that included a major organizational restructure/divestiture.
- Supply Chain Strategy Development – Assessment and design of optimized supply chain functions based on corporate/business demand strategies, goals, and tactics.
- Lean Operations / Plant and DC Network Optimization – Expertise in plant and DC network sourcing design and optimization. Significant experience in plant and SC consolidations and outsourcing.
- Value Chain Optimization – Consistent track record of optimizing vendor and retailer programs such as Cost-to-Serve and reducing Non-Trade spending and waste.
- Organizational Design – Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics – Created organizational tools and utilized broad functional knowledge to redesign Purchasing, Operations, Planning, Logistics, Engineering, and Customer Service organizations to maximize profit and responsiveness.
- Operations Planning and Order-to-Cash Best Practices – Significant experience in S&OP assessments and re-design. Utilization of best practices in Customer Service, Deduction Management, and end-to-end Order to Cash processes.
|2017-Present||Operations, Supply Chain Executive, The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium|
|2015 – 2017||Sr. Director of Logistics and Customer Service, ACH Foods, Chicago, Des Moines, Memphis|
|2001 – 2015||Managing Partner / Practice Leader, The Partnering Group, Cincinnati|
|2000 – 2001||Global Operations Manager, Iams – Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati / Coeverden|
|1996 – 2000||Plant Manager – Procter and Gamble – Phoenix|
|1993 – 1996||Global Hair Care Manager, Worldwide Strategic Planning, Procter and Gamble, Cincinnati|
|1980 – 1993||Various Manufacturing and Operations Assignments – Procter and Gamble – Baltimore, Lima, OH, Cincinnati|
- Member – Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) – 2012- Present
- Level 1 Certification – CSCMP – 2015 – Present
- Author of several Best Practices in Plant operational startups, Order-to-Cash, and Operations Planning
- United Way Shared Executive – 2000-2008
- Executive Director – Junior Achievement of West Central Ohio 1990-1993O
Master of Administrative Science – Business Administration – Johns Hopkins University
Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering – University of Virginia