Ed recently retired from Procter & Gamble (P&G) after a successful 31-year career. During his time with P&G he had a proven track record of success working on P&G’s largest businesses, and largest global retailers. He worked across both the grocery retail industry, as well as, leading the market strategy and planning for P&G’s Professional Oral Health Organization. Ed is heralded as an innovator in researching consumer and patient insights and turning them into dynamic marketing strategies that deliver sales and profit growth for the customer. Ed left his legacy in Professional Oral Health industry as he led the creation of Patient Based Office Design, which has been successfully executed in large Dental Service Organizations (DSO’s) and individual Dental offices. Ed is also a Dental industry speaker and lecturer on Patient insights, marketing strategy, and in office reinvention and execution.
- Strategy – proven expert in creating business objectives, goals, strategies and measures that drive revenue and profits.
- Patient/Shopper Insights – an early pioneer on researching patient/shopper insights and turning those insights into business building strategies which deliver patient centric marketing platforms, in store/office reinventions and executions that drive incremental sales and profits. Many of these designs are in stores and offices today.
- Differentiation Strategies – an expert on how to leverage insights to deliver differentiation strategies that are unique to the customer. Allowing the customer to flourish via a brand that stands apart from the others in their industry.
- Reinvention (Grocery retail & Dental offices) – invented many of the techniques to drive one more item in the basket (retailers) and to improve patient acquisition and case acceptance in the dental industry. This is accomplished via having a deep understanding of human psychology, shopper/patient insights, and creating new pathways in the physical and virtual environments that make it easy for shoppers and patients to “say yes”.
- Innovation Centers – one of only a handful of P&Gers that has built both retail and dental innovations centers (physical & virtual) that showcase consumer, shopper and patient insights. These innovation centers are used for T2T joint strategy sessions with customers, developing ways for retailers and manufactures to mutually grow their business together.
- Organizational Design & Productivity – experienced in corporate re-structuring that improves worker productivity while still growing the business year over year.
|2016 – Present||Executive Vice President, Healthcare- Dental, The Cincinnati Consulting Consortium|
|2016-2012||N. A. Market Planning and Strategy Leader for Professional Oral Health|
|2012-2011||Organizational and Productivity Design Leader (200+ organization)|
|2011-2006||Leader- N.A. Shopper Based Design and Retail Innovation. (Fabric, Dish, Paper, Baby, Pet, Battery)|
|2006-2002||National Category Sales Manager-IAMS Company. Largest P&G Acquisition (to date)|
|2002-1997||Category Operations and Merchandising Manager-US Fabric & Home Care. Largest categories in P&G|
|1997-1995||U.S. Sales Manager-Dish Care|
|1995-1990||Wal-Mart Customer Team SAE. U.S. Fabric and Home Care. P&G’s largest business|
|1990-1989||Project Manager Special Assignment-U.S. Laundry Compaction project|
|1989-1985||Various retail sales roles including, Sales Rep, District Field Rep, and Unit Manager Spartan/Meijer|
- “Team Smile” sponsor & volunteer for Boys Club/Girls Clubs
- Radio Guest on “The Reasons We Smile” –The Dr. Kvitko Radio Show
- Keynote Speaker-Bowling Green State University SEBO Entrepreneurial Series 2010
- Corporate Athlete Program Graduate
- Walton School of Business Graduate
- President Treetops Homeowners Association
- Coach-Youth and Adult sports
MBA Marketing, Bowling Green State University
BS Procurement and Materials Management, Bowling Green State University