Debra Fuqua Walling
Debra is a highly respected Consumer Specialist with 29 years of success at P&G creating in-depth consumer insights used to guide product innovation, build winning brands and generate successful business results. Her track record of consistent business building accomplishments led to her appointment to R&D Research Fellow, an elite global group of Consumer Understanding Experts. Debra is widely recognized for developing state of the art methodologies and understanding in the areas of Consumer Segmentation, Consumer Insight/Concept Development and 360˚ Consumer Need/Product Benefit Modeling. She has extensive experience in ethnographic/in-context qualitative consumer research as well as applied quantitative research methods.
- Develop in-depth consumer insights – Utilizes multiple methodologies, both qualitative (in-home & in-store ethnographic and group interviews) and quantitative (needs and benefit hierarchy; conjoint; concept and product assessment) to develop winning consumer concepts, products and services.
- Identify best consumer target strategy for brands and categories – Evaluate the key business needs of a brand(s) or category and develop a consumer segmentation to optimize growth by improving loyalty of existing users, attracting new users and differentiating multiple brand categories.
- Holistic 360˚ consumer understanding – Create a competitive advantage by understanding both the emotional and functional needs and desires of consumers at every touch point of a product or service. From awareness to shopping to buying to using to recommending – create the best consumer experience and improve loyalty.
- Translating technical attributes to a consumer benefit story – Develop a technical story of products and/or services which serves as a resource for ad agencies and key influencers to optimize communication with consumers.
- Training, advising or full project design & completion
|1997-2010||Research Fellow: Cosmetics; Beauty New Business; Skin Care; Pet & Health Care|
|1990-1996||Section Manager: Home Care; Beauty Care; Cosmetics|
|1981-1989||Technical Brand Manager: Food, Beverage, Hair Care|
MS Food Engineering – Florida State University
MS Biochemistry – Florida State University
BS Nutrition; Architecture/Design (minor) – Florida State University/University of Florida